The Act requires every person in public life to:
1. File a declaration setting out the following:
- personal particulars and in addition those of a spouse and children declared;
- particulars of persons income, assets and liabilities held and spouse and children (this includes any income, assets and liabilities acquired, held or incurred by any other person or agent on his/her behalf);
- monies or other property held in trust for him/the persons; or held in Trust by him/her for another person.
2. Within seven (7) days of receipt, report any gifts or rewards accepted by the declarant in the course of the performance of official functions.
3. Observe the Code of Conduct which sets out the standards of behaviour, ethics and values that are expected of persons in public life.